A Fun Day of Golf for a Great Cause
The 9th Annual BAY-CSS Golf Tournament will be held on Monday, September 8th at the Golf Club at South River, a beautiful private course in Edgewater, Maryland. Enjoy 18 holes of golf at a beautifully maintained private course that has recently undergone a $5 million renovation, a complimentary breakfast from Panera Bread and Starbucks, catered lunch provided by Bayside Bull, great prize drawings and contests with many chances to win including a Hole in One Contest with
a boat giveaway for the prize (a Steiger Craft 21 Miami with Yamaha Outboard donated by Annapolis Yacht Sales), and a chance to place bids to win exciting gifts like a cruise and catered lunch for 6-8 people courtesy of The Brick Companies, Orioles Tickets for 6 donated by Governor Martin O'Malley, Hot Air Balloon Packages from Soaring adventures, a Pandora Bracelet from Smyth Jewelers, and much more.
Join us for a fun day of golf for a great cause. For more information or to register, please visit the Golf Info Page. We hope to see you there!
Don't Golf, don't worry, you can still enjoy the Catered Lunch and participate in the Silent Auction by purchasing a Meal Ticket to the Event for just $35.00. Click here to purchase tickets now.
Sample Silent Auction Gifts Available for Bid at the Event:
Pictured from left to right clockwise: A gift basket form Green Turtle Restaurant, Pandora Bracelet from Smyth Jewelers, Balloon Ride Packages from Soaring Adventures, and a cruise and catered lunch for 6-8 people courtesy of The Brick Companies
Comcast Newsmakers Interview for the 9th Annual Golf Tournament
BAY-CSS Communications Manager, Brandy Blackstone, speaks with Yolanda Vazquez of Comcast Newsmakers about the upcoming 9th Annual Golf Tournament. Click here to view the interview.
View Images from last year's event:
View images from last year's event>>
Bay Community Support Services, Inc. (BAY-CSS) is a full service agency providing quality support services for individuals with disabilities throughout Maryland.
The services that our agency provides are designed to promote the skills of people with varying abilities, ages and life situations to live and work successfully in their communities.
The values of independence, choice and self-determination are emphasized. These services include residential support provided in agency group homes and also in privately-owned homes, employment services, nursing care, transportation, and much more.
Our services are customized to the individual's personal needs. BAYCSS serves over 194 individuals with developmental disabilities in Anne Arundel, Charles, Prince George's and St. Mary's Counties, Maryland.
We invite you to explore our site to learn more about our programs and services and to contact us with any questions you may have.
Bay Community Support Services, Inc. is a 501c3 company, a proud member of the United Way of Charles and St. Mary's Counties, and is registered with the following Charitable Campaigns:
United Way of St. Mary's 6,909.05
Combined Federal Campaign of National Capital Area (CFCNCA) 733.78
Combined Federal Campaign (CFC) 83507
Maryland Charity Campaign (MCC)- 9933
Chesapeake Area Combined Federal Campaign (CACFC) 5.77
Title VI Public Notice:
Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, or national origin in programs and activities receiving Federal financial assistance. Specifically, Title VI provides that "no person in the United States shall, on the ground of race, color, or national origin, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any program or activity receiving Federal financial assistance" (42 U.S.C. Section 2000d).
Bay Community Support Services is committed to ensuring that no person is excluded from participation in, or denied the benefits of its transportation services on the basis of race, color, or national origin, as protected by Title VI in Federal Transit Administration (FTA) Circular 4702.1B. If you feel you are being denied participation in or being denied benefits of the transit services provided by Bay Community Support Services or otherwise being discriminated against because of your race, color, national origin, gender, age, or disability, please download the following Title VI Complaint Form and submit it to the address below:
Download: Title VI Complaint Form
Name: Michelle Tilman
Title: Title VI Manager
Agency Name: Bay Community Support Services
Address: 3168 Braverton Street, Suite 300
City, State Zip code: Edgewater, MD 21037
Telephone Number: (410) 224-4205, ext. 101
Email address: email@example.com
[Back to Top]
Ian Fairclough named to the BAY-CSS
Board of Directors
The Board of Directors of Bay Community Support Services, Inc. (BAY-CSS) is pleased to announce that Ian Fairclough of St. Mary's County has been appointed to the BAY-CSS Board of Directors. Ian comes to the BAY-CSS Board with a multitude of experience and passion advocating for people with disabilities both at a State and local level. As such, he will be participating on the Governmental Affairs Committee where he will represent BAY-CSS throughout the State.
Ian understands the issues and challenges relating to people with disabilities from a personal perspective, having received services from BAY-CSS for many years. Ian is a long-time employee at the Navy Inn on the Patuxent River Naval Base and an accomplished athlete he has won many trophies and awards for competitive swimming and Taekwondo, and he is the current State Champ for Special Olympics in the field of bocce. Ian, who is active in his community and lives in his own home, is passionate about making a difference and changing lives.
Executive Director Mitzi Bernard says, We're thrilled to have Ian on our Board of Directors and look forward to hearing his unique message representing both BAY-CSS and people with disabilities. Ian notes, that he is honored to be named to the BAY-CSS' Board of Directors, and that he will try to advocate for those who need it.
BAY-CSS Board of Directors and its Executive Director, Mitzi Bernard, would like to extend a warm welcome to Ian. Ian was appointed to the BAY-CSS Board of Directors on March 5, 2014.
[Back to Top]
Thank You to our Supporters
- Thank you to everyone who attended the 9th Annual BAY-CSS Golf Tournament and Silent Auction on Monday, September 8, 2014. It was a wonderful event and we are very thankful for your support. We hope to see you again next year! A special thank you goes to the wonderful volunteers and staff at the Golf Club at South River in Edgewater, MD for going above and beyond to make the event so great.
- Thank you to the incredible CACI, Inc. Volunteers who helped perform vital home repairs and maintenance at our residential group home in California, Maryland during the United Way of St. Mary's Annual Day of Caring Event on Friday, September 5, 2014. View images from the event>>
- To Walmart in California, MD for the kind donation of a $50 gift card to be used to replenish materials and supplies for the Lexington Park area Day Habilitiation Program.
- Thank you to the wonderful donors and sponsors we've received to date for the 9th Annual Golf Tournament. Cick here to view a full list of the event donors/sponsors l Click here to learn how to become a donor or sponsor for the event.
- Ms. Katharina Von Kellenbach, PhD of St. Mary's College of Maryland for the generous donation of laptop computers and equipment.
- To the generous donors who helped us raise over $1,700 for BAY-CSS during the Great Give.
- To our dedicated Team Navy Volunteers who helped two BAY-CSS Residential Service Recipients compete in the Annual Port to Fort 6k Race in Baltimore, Maryland on Saturday April 26, 2014 (the incredible Navy Midshipmen Volunteers "Team Navy" aid the BAY-CSS service recipients by pushing them in specially equipped wheelchair race chairs).
- To the wonderful volunteers from Delta Sigma Theta Sorority who helped perform yard care and maintenance at three BAY-CSS Residential Group Homes in Waldorf, Maryland during Christmas in April's National Rebuilding Day on Saturday, April 26, 2014. Click here to view images from the event.
- Thank you to our Sponsors, Donors, and Volunteers of the 2nd Annual Walk, Run & Roll that was held in St. Mary's City on Saturday, April 19, 2014. To view a full list of the Sponsors and Donors for the event, please visit the Walk Event Website at www.baycss.org/walk.html. Click here to view images from the event.
Thank you to PNC Bank. Their generous grant donation of $5,000 was used to help rehabilitate a BAY-CSS group home in Gambrills, Maryland where four gentlemen with disabilities live. The home renovations included the removal of a hazardous porch and the replacement of the home's roof.
- To CACI for their generous donation of $3,000 through the CACI Cares Program. Their generous contribution will go toward replacing damaged flooring in a residential group home in Anne Arundel County.
To the incredible staff at the Rod N' Reel Restaurant in Chesabeake Beach, Maryland for helping to make the 2013 BAY-CSS Employee Appreciation Banquet such a wonderful event.
The Golfers, Donors, Sponsors and Volunteers
of the 8th Annual BAYCSS Golf Tournament, held on Friday, September 13th at Compass Pointe Golf Links in Pasadena, Maryland. Visit the Golf Information Page
for more information about the event (and the upcoming 9th Annual Golf Tournament scheduled for September 8th at the Golf Club at South River in Edgewater, Maryland) - including the full list of Donors and Sponsors. Click here to view images from the event
To the generous donors who contributed to Bay Community Support Services through the Anne Arundel Cares Online Fundraising Event.
To the generous volunteers who helped perform yard care at our Lisa Way Residential Group Home in Waldorf, Maryland during the annual Day of Caring Event sponsored by the United Way of Charles County that was
held on Thursday, September 12th in Waldorf, Maryland. Thank you also to Dayle Hadden of United Way of Charles County for her help in organizing the event.
To the wonderful volunteers from CACI who helped perform maintenance and repairs at our Belaire Group Home in California, Maryland and the cleaning of our agency vehicles at their Lexington Park Office during the annual Day of Caring Event held on Friday, September 6th and sponsored by the United Way of St. Mary's County. Thank you also to Jennifer Hollingsworth of United Way of St. Mary's for her help in organizing the event.
[Back to Top]