Bay Community Support Services, Inc. (BAY-CSS) is a full service agency providing quality support services for individuals with disabilities throughout Maryland.
The services that our agency provides are designed to promote the skills of people with varying abilities, ages and life situations to live and work successfully in their communities.
The values of independence, choice and self-determination are emphasized. These services include residential support provided in agency group homes and also in privately-owned homes, employment services, nursing care, transportation, and much more.
Our services are customized to the individual's personal needs. BAYCSS serves over 194 individuals with developmental disabilities in Anne Arundel, Charles, Prince George's and St. Mary's Counties, Maryland.
We invite you to explore our site to learn more about our programs and services and to contact us with any questions you may have.
Bay Community Support Services, Inc. is a 501c3 company, a proud member of the United Way of Charles and St. Mary's Counties, and is registered with the following Charitable Campaigns:
United Way of St. Mary's 6,909.05
Combined Federal Campaign of National Capital Area (CFCNCA) 733.78
Combined Federal Campaign (CFC) 83507
Maryland Charity Campaign (MCC)- 9933
Chesapeake Area Combined Federal Campaign (CACFC) 5.77
Title VI Public Notice:
Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, or national origin in programs and activities receiving Federal financial assistance. Specifically, Title VI provides that "no person in the United States shall, on the ground of race, color, or national origin, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any program or activity receiving Federal financial assistance" (42 U.S.C. Section 2000d).
Bay Community Support Services is committed to ensuring that no person is excluded from participation in, or denied the benefits of its transportation services on the basis of race, color, or national origin, as protected by Title VI in Federal Transit Administration (FTA) Circular 4702.1B. If you feel you are being denied participation in or being denied benefits of the transit services provided by Bay Community Support Services or otherwise being discriminated against because of your race, color, national origin, gender, age, or disability, please download the following Title VI Complaint Form and submit it to the address below:
Download: Title VI Complaint Form
Name: Michelle Tilman
Title: Title VI Manager
Agency Name: Bay Community Support Services
Address: 3168 Braverton Street, Suite 300
City, State Zip code: Edgewater, MD 21037
Telephone Number: (410) 224-4205, ext. 101
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
[Back to Top]
Thank You to our Supporters
- To the United Way of Charles County for the grant approval for 100 VanGo passes for our service recipients. The individuals with disabilities we serve in the area will greatly benefit from this kind donation. Thank you
- Thank you to Americle Healthcare for the wonderful gift basket they sent to our Administrative Staff and Day Hab Program in Lexington Park, Maryland. Your kind gift was greatly appreciated.
- Thank you to Severn Savings Bank for your kind donations to our Edgewater Day Hab Program. The Day Hab Service Recipients were thrilled to receive the incredible holiday gifts that included
movies, board games, a sewing machine and numerous arts and crafts items that you delivered on your Severn Sleigh on Thursday, December 11, 2014. It was a wonderful holiday surprise!
- Thank you to everyone who donated during the Giving Tuesday Online Fundraiser. Our kind donors include Anthony Stettler, Brandy Blackstone, Mitzi Bernard, Richard Paddock, and Marie Bennett. Through your generosity, you helped BAY-CSS raise over $1,000 for the vital programs and services we provide to people with disabilities in Maryland. Through generous donors like you, we are able to continue to provide quality services like residential care, supportive employment, transportation, nursing care and more. The BAY-CSS fundraising page is still open if you would like to lend your support in helping BAY-CSS continue providing these vital services. Please click here to donate: http://www.razoo.com/story/Baycss. Thank you!
- Thank you to the generous donors who have contributed to our Holiday Drive. Our generous donors include Dyson Building Center, Ann Mudd Wills, and Eugene, Mike and Mary Mead, Kathleen Fornadley, Quality Built Homes, and Dennis, Doris Marshall, Bruce and Deborah Klein, Olive P. Moochler, Robert W. Burton II and Lynn M. Burton, Cathy Lavender, Jane E. Levinson, Deborah Garrison, Suzanne Briguglio, Joseph and Patricia McDevitt, Daniel Puzon, and Martin Fairclough. Your generous contributions will go toward our fund to purchase a new, lift-equipped vehicle for our residential program. We greatly appreciate your support of BAY-CSS and the people with disabilities whom we are proud to serve. If you would like to make a contribution toward the purchase of a new, lift-equipped vehicle, please visit our donation page for more information on how to donate to BAY-CSS. Please enter "Holiday Drive" for your donation reason. Thank you!
- Chick-fil-A and SAM's Club in Edgewater, Maryland for their generous donations for the Open House we held on Friday, November 7th at our new administrative and day hab program office located in the Brick Companies Center in Edgewater, Maryland. Thank you to everyone who stopped by to visit us in our new location during the event.
- The staff at the Rod N' Reel Restaurant for their exceptional service that helped make our Annual Employee Appreciation Luncheon such a great event.
The wonderful student volunteers from Great Mills High School, Spring Ridge Middle School, and Lexington Park Elementary School who gave up part of their Columbus Day Holiday break to help with yard care at the BAY-CSS Belaire Group Home in California, MD. Thank you to these wonderful volunteers for helping to make a difference for people with disabilities in their community.
- To the generous donors for the Annual BAY-CSS Employee Appreciation Luncheon (October 16, 2014). We greatly appreciate your helping us thank our dedicated employees who work tirelessly on behalf of the people with disabilities whom we are proud to serve with generous giveaways in the form of gift cards and certificates to your places of business. A heartfelt thank you to the following donors: Checkers in California, Burger King in Lexington Park, TGI Friday's in Waldorf, Outback Steakhouse in Waldorf, Golden Corral in Lexington Park and Waldorf, and Jiffy Lube in Lexington Park.
- The caring volunteers from St. Charles Companies, The ARC of Southern Maryland and the Univesity of Charles Regional Medical Center who assisted with yard care and maintenance at one of our residential group homes in Charles County during the Annual Day of Caring event sponsord by the United Way of Charles County on Thursday, September 11, 2014.
- The caring volunteers from CACI in Lexington Park who assisted with yard care and maintenance at one of our residential group homes in St. Mary's County during the Annual Day of Caring event sponsored by the United Way of St. Mary's County on Friday, September 5, 2014.
- Thank you to everyone who attended the 9th Annual BAY-CSS Golf Tournament and Silent Auction on Monday, September 8, 2014. It was a wonderful event and we are very thankful for your support. We hope to see you again next year! A special thank you goes to the wonderful volunteers and staff at the Golf Club at South River in Edgewater, MD for going above and beyond to make the event so great.
- Thank you to the incredible CACI, Inc. Volunteers who helped perform vital home repairs and maintenance at our residential group home in California, Maryland during the United Way of St. Mary's Annual Day of Caring Event on Friday, September 5, 2014. View images from the event>>
- To Walmart in California, MD for the kind donation of a $50 gift card to be used to replenish materials and supplies for the Lexington Park area Day Habilitiation Program.
- Thank you to the wonderful donors and sponsors we've received to date for the 9th Annual Golf Tournament. Cick here to view a full list of the event donors/sponsors l Click here to learn how to become a donor or sponsor for the event.
- Ms. Katharina Von Kellenbach, PhD of St. Mary's College of Maryland for the generous donation of laptop computers and equipment.
- To the generous donors who helped us raise over $1,700 for BAY-CSS during the Great Give.
- To our dedicated Team Navy Volunteers who helped two BAY-CSS Residential Service Recipients compete in the Annual Port to Fort 6k Race in Baltimore, Maryland on Saturday April 26, 2014 (the incredible Navy Midshipmen Volunteers "Team Navy" aid the BAY-CSS service recipients by pushing them in specially equipped wheelchair race chairs).
- To the wonderful volunteers from Delta Sigma Theta Sorority who helped perform yard care and maintenance at three BAY-CSS Residential Group Homes in Waldorf, Maryland during Christmas in April's National Rebuilding Day on Saturday, April 26, 2014. Click here to view images from the event.
- Thank you to our Sponsors, Donors, and Volunteers of the 2nd Annual Walk, Run & Roll that was held in St. Mary's City on Saturday, April 19, 2014. To view a full list of the Sponsors and Donors for the event, please visit the Walk Event Website at www.baycss.org/walk.html. Click here to view images from the event.
Thank you to PNC Bank. Their generous grant donation of $5,000 was used to help rehabilitate a BAY-CSS group home in Gambrills, Maryland where four gentlemen with disabilities live. The home renovations included the removal of a hazardous porch and the replacement of the home's roof.
- To CACI for their generous donation of $3,000 through the CACI Cares Program. Their generous contribution will go toward replacing damaged flooring in a residential group home in Anne Arundel County.
To the incredible staff at the Rod N' Reel Restaurant in Chesabeake Beach, Maryland for helping to make the 2013 BAY-CSS Employee Appreciation Banquet such a wonderful event.
The Golfers, Donors, Sponsors and Volunteers
of the 8th Annual BAYCSS Golf Tournament, held on Friday, September 13th at Compass Pointe Golf Links in Pasadena, Maryland. Visit the Golf Information Page
for more information about the event (and the upcoming 9th Annual Golf Tournament scheduled for September 8th at the Golf Club at South River in Edgewater, Maryland) - including the full list of Donors and Sponsors. Click here to view images from the event
To the generous donors who contributed to Bay Community Support Services through the Anne Arundel Cares Online Fundraising Event.
To the generous volunteers who helped perform yard care at our Lisa Way Residential Group Home in Waldorf, Maryland during the annual Day of Caring Event sponsored by the United Way of Charles County that was
held on Thursday, September 12th in Waldorf, Maryland. Thank you also to Dayle Hadden of United Way of Charles County for her help in organizing the event.
To the wonderful volunteers from CACI who helped perform maintenance and repairs at our Belaire Group Home in California, Maryland and the cleaning of our agency vehicles at their Lexington Park Office during the annual Day of Caring Event held on Friday, September 6th and sponsored by the United Way of St. Mary's County. Thank you also to Jennifer Hollingsworth of United Way of St. Mary's for her help in organizing the event.
[Back to Top]